Heritage Properties are structures or areas of land that have historical, cultural, social, or spiritual importance to a community. A building or parcel of land can be “designated” a heritage property, meaning it is registered in a database of other properties with community value, and the property becomes subject to that province’s heritage property legislation.read more
Commercial Real Estate & Development
Our experience helps you maximize value and minimize risk for all types of real estate projects and transactions.
Our commercial real estate lawyers have significant experience in municipal and planning law and are in tune with the region’s vibrant and growing real estate industry. They provide a range of legal services to commercial property developers, municipalities and lenders.
Cox & Palmer acts on behalf of both borrowers and lenders, including banks, trust companies and insurance companies, on local, national and international financing transactions.
- Negotiate and prepare agreements of purchase & sale, including condominiums.
- Draft conveyancing and financing documents.
- Conduct appropriate searches and offer advice on all aspects of a commercial real estate transaction.
- Advice on development agreements, municipal service agreements, construction contracts and financing agreements.
- Advice on land use by-laws, municipal planning strategies, and environmental issues.
- Review and negotiation of commercial leases.