Cortney is an associate in the Saint John office of Cox & Palmer. Originally from Newfoundland, she obtained her undergraduate degree from Memorial University of Newfoundland and was called to the New Brunswick Bar in 2000 after completing her education at the University of New Brunswick.
Cortney has a broad range of experience in estate planning and the administration of estates. She will provide a comprehensive will and estate plan tailored to meet your unique needs which is essential to ensuring the ease of estate administration.
Cortney is a key member of our real estate team and has been involved in many significant property transactions over the course of her legal career. She also practices in the areas of corporate and commercial law and has experience in employment and labour law. In her spare time, you can find her advocating for the New Brunswick Heart & Stroke Foundation, volunteering her time at her daughter’s school and enjoying life with her family.
- New Brunswick (2000)
- University of New Brunswick
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (B.A. Honours 1996)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 1999)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Member – Parent School Support Committee, Grand Bay Primary
- Advocate – New Brunswick Heart & Stroke Foundation – spear-headed a fundraising initiative in conjunction with the Heart & Stroke Foundation to help raise funds to place defibrillators in Grand Bay-Westfield area schools
- Past President – Hestia House, Saint John
- Past Board Member – Hestia House, Saint John
- Past Council Member – Canadian Bar Association, NB Branch
Lectures & Presentations
- “How to Discipline and Terminate Employees” – Saint John Board of Trade Presentation (February 2003)
Law Society Memberships
- Saint John Law Society
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Canadian Bar Association