John is Counsel with the Summerside office of Cox & Palmer. Born in O’Leary, Prince Edward Island, he graduated from Acadia University in 1997 with a Bachelor of Arts (Honours in History), and from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2000 with a Bachelor of Laws.
John is an invaluable advisor and member of our firm, providing input and advice on various files and firm matters. He is an experienced litigator and real estate practitioner with extensive courtroom and boardroom experience. John brings his experience to the office each and every day, whether that’s negotiating a settlement for clients, or advising sellers and purchasers of real estate. John’s experience extends to many of our practice areas, including personal injury, real estate, wills and estates, civil and estate litigation.
When he isn’t helping our clients, he likes to relax by getting active. John is an avid outdoorsperson, frequently seen hiking, jogging, swimming, and cycling all over the Island. He also enjoys spending quality time with his wife, children, and friends.
- Prince Edward Island (2001)
- Osgoode Hall Law School
- LLB, Osgoode Hall Law School (2000)
- BA (Hons.), Acadia University (1997)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Past President, Atlantic Provinces Trial Lawyers Association 2006-2022
- Member of the Rules Committee of the PEI Supreme Court (approx. 2010 -)
- Member of the Insurance Committee of the Law Society of PEI (approx. 2012 -)
- Chair of the Trustees of Trinity United Church (2019 -)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Three Oaks High School Men’s AA Basketball Coach (2018 2020)
- Miscouche Jr High Basketball Coach (2014 – 2017)
Lectures & Presentations
John has given various presentation in his previous capacities with Atlantic Trial Lawyer’s Association.
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island
- Canadian Bar Association