Chika is an associate in the Halifax office of Cox & Palmer and was called to the Nova Scotia Bar in 2018. She holds an accounting degree from Acadia University and earned her law degree at the Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University.
Chika is growing a corporate commercial practice focusing primarily on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities. She is currently the Chair of the Nova Scotia Canadian Bar Association Securities Law subsection. She also assists clients with their estates and real property transactions.
Active in her community, Chika serves on the boards of YWCA Halifax and the Canadian Association of Black Lawyers. She also sits on Basketball Nova Scotia’s Governance Committee.
- Nova Scotia (2018)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University (LLB, 2017)
- Acadia University (BBA, 2014)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Board Member, YWCA Halifax (2020 – )
- Chair, Nova Scotia Canadian Bar Association Securities Law subsection (2020 – )
- Vice-Chair, Nova Scotia Canadian Bar Association Securities Law subsection (2018 – 2020)
- Executive Member, Canadian Association of Black Lawyers, Nova Scotia Chapter (CABL-NS) (2017 – )
- Past Board Member, Women Active Nova Scotia
Activities Within Firm
Halifax Diversity & Inclusion Committee (2019 – )
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Basketball Nova Scotia’s Governance Committee (2020 – )
- Assistant Basketball Coach for U14 Girls (2017 – )
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Canadian Bar Association