Duane is a partner in the Saint John office of Cox & Palmer. He was admitted to the New Brunswick Bar in 1988 after completing his education at the University of New Brunswick, and then joined the former firm of Barry Spalding where he later became a partner. Duane joined Cox & Palmer in January 2013.
Duane’s skillfulness and knowledge are demonstrated in the areas of corporate and commercial law, estates and trusts, corporate finance and real estate law. Duane has been involved in his community, and with numerous advocacy groups, including KV Food Basket Inc., KV Fields Committee, Vestry of St Augustine’s Church, Safe Haven Inc., Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund and Chairman of the Mental Health Tribunal .
Duane is married with three children and boasts a love of sports. He enjoys soccer, skiing, running, biking, kayaking, hiking and travelling.
- New Brunswick (1988)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick (B.B.A., 1984)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B., 1987)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Chairman – Mental Health Tribunal
- Member – KV Fields Committee
- Member – Vestry of St Augustine’s Church
- Volunteer – KV Food Basket Inc.
- Volunteer – Safe Haven Inc.
- Volunteer – Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund
- Past Chair – Kidney Foundation
- Past Board Member – Second Stage Housing
- Past Board Member – Epilepsy New Brunswick
- Past Board Member – First Night Saint John
Law Society Memberships
- Saint John Law Society
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association