Corporations incorporated under the Business Corporations Act (New Brunswick) (the “Act”) are now required to collect significantly more share ownership information than what has historically been required.read more
Across Atlantic Canada, Cox & Palmer offers comprehensive corporate and commercial services. By taking the time to get to know you and your business, we provide service that reflects the unique challenges your business faces. Some of these services include searches and registrations that provide you with a central point of contact and one solution across the region; and incorporations, registrations, continuances, amalgamations or dissolutions of companies, partnerships, joint ventures and other business entities.
Rely on our lawyers across Atlantic Canada for:
- Name reservations anywhere in Atlantic Canada or federally
- Incorporation in any jurisdiction of Atlantic Canada or federally
- Extra-provincial corporate registrations throughout Atlantic Canada
- Continuation of companies into or out of any provincial jurisdiction of Atlantic Canada
- Creation of unlimited liability companies, conversion of unlimited liability companies to limited liability companies, and conversion of limited liability companies to unlimited liability companies through our Nova Scotia office
- Ongoing corporate records maintenance in each of our offices
- Amalgamation or Dissolution of companies incorporated, amalgamated or continued in Atlantic Canada or federally
Enhanced Direct Access to the Corporations Branches
Our Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland and Labrador offices have enhanced direct access to the Corporations Branches maintained by their provincial governments, which expedites registrations and incorporations.
Agency Services on Commercial Transactions in Atlantic Canada Include:
- PPSA searches and registrations including overseeing PMSI notification and registration of notices of security in fixtures.
- Corporate searches and registrations, including certificates of corporate status.
- Real property searches, including on-line real property searches, environmental searches, property tax certificates, business occupancy tax certificates and zoning confirmation letters and document retrieval in some jurisdictions.
- Litigation searches
- Searches and inquiries with respect to unregistered or statutory liens.
- Searches of filings made under the Bank Act and Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.