Cox & Palmer’s energy and natural resources lawyers are recognized legal advisors in the industry, respected for sector experience, accessible service, and advice that leads to desired outcomes. Our lawyers work with our clients and other groups within the firm to provide reliable, tailored assistance at every stage of our clients’ projects.
Depend on your Cox & Palmer lawyer to provide comprehensive commercial and regulatory advice to major electric and oil and gas projects, exploration and production companies, service companies, pipe laying companies, regulatory agents and governments.
Cox & Palmer’s engagements in the energy sector include:
- Counsel and chief negotiator on the Canada Nova Scotia offshore agreements.
- Counsel and chief negotiator for a proponent on the proposed 2002 $12 billion Lower Churchill Hydro-Electric project.
- Lead counsel on the commercial arrangements for the Nova Scotia investor in the Muskrat Falls land and Maritime link Hydro Electric project.
- Counsel for a variety of parties on oil and gas projects offshore Newfoundland and Labrador, including Hibernia, Terra Nova and White Rose.
- Lead counsel on the $850 million privatization of Nova Scotia Power Corporation.
- Counsel to a major Nova Scotia electrical utility for all aspects of the regulated industry.
- Counsel to suppliers of labour, goods and services to many energy projects.