We provide affordable, one-on-one legal advice and mentoring to emerging companies.
At Cox & Palmer, we share your passion for innovation and partnership. We truly believe that an entrepreneur with a great idea, vision, and motivation can change the world. We also recognize that a start-up has a limited (or non-existent) budget at the early stages, and that retaining strong legal advisors ends up falling off the entrepreneurial radar. We developed the alt program to address these challenges.
Through alt we provide emerging companies with top-quality, affordable legal advice and mentoring, with a view to building a solid foundation for your venture’s next stage of growth. Our multi-disciplinary legal team has extensive experience in equipping start-ups with the necessary tools and advice to compete on the local, national, and international stage.
Of course, there is no “one size fits all” approach. Your lawyer works closely with you to understand the nuances of your start-up, so the advice we offer is insightful and useful, based on your exact needs. During your consultation, and beyond, we will learn about your venture and how we can best assist you in turning your vision into reality.
Specifically, we’ll talk to you about:
- Incorporating a company
- Protecting your intellectual property and brand
- Drafting a Founders’ or Shareholders’ Agreement
- Corporate governance
- Long term goals, such as franchising your business
- Premises leases
- Litigation and liability protection
- Securities and financing (including crowdfunding)
- Employee Stock Option Plans
- Confidentiality Agreements and Non-Competes
- Licensing, marketing and distribution activities
- Tax Strategies
- Employment considerations