Kyle Mercer is an associate in the St. John’s office of Cox & Palmer. He carries a corporate commercial practice which includes a wide range of commercial transactions, including the sale and acquisition of businesses (share and asset purchases), secured financings, incorporations, limited partnerships, joint ventures, licensing agreements and commercial litigation. Kyle also carries a growing practice in commercial insolvency, energy and natural resources law and maritime law.
As a member of Cox & Palmer’s Start-Ups Practice Group (NL), Kyle advises entrepreneurs on their business’s corporate and commercial needs throughout every stage of growth.
Outside of the office, Kyle instructs the International Business Law course within the Faculty of Business at Memorial University. Kyle is also a Director of the Pleasant Manor Corporation, a Director of the Canadian Progress Club in Newfoundland and Labrador, and the Vice-Chair of the Cavell Park Community Garden.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (2019)
- University of New Brunswick
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (B.Comm Co-op, 2013)
- University of New Brunswick (Juris Doctor, 2017)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Instructor, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Faculty of Business (September 2020 – )
- Director, Pleasant Manor Corporation (2018 – )
- Director, Canada Progress Club in Newfoundland and Labrador (2019 – )
- Vice-Chair, Cavell Park Community Garden (2021 – )