Matthew is an associate with the St. John’s office of Cox & Palmer. Matthew currently enjoys a general legal practice; however, he has a particular interest in tax law and corporate and commercial law, and is pursuing opportunities to enhance his knowledge and practice in those areas.
Originally from St. Lunaire-Griquet, NL, Matthew was called to the Newfoundland and Labrador Bar in February of 2017 after obtaining a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from Memorial University of Newfoundland (2013) and a Juris Doctor from University of New Brunswick (2016).
Outside of work, Matthew is heavily involved in the martial art of Muay Thai, where he trained and competed in the sport for many years. Matthew is now helping to grow the sport in the province through his involvement with Muay Thai Newfoundland and Labrador.
Matthew is also an avid dog lover and spends a lot of time training both himself and his German Shepherd in Schutzhund.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (2017)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick (Juris Doctor, 2016)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), 2013)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
Activities Within Firm
- Member, Taxation Practice Group
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Board Member, Visual Artists Newfoundland & Labrador
- Board Member, Muay Thai Newfoundland and Labrador
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador