Griffith carries on a corporate commercial practice with a focus on corporate law, commercial transactions, secured lending, and commercial insolvencies. He has extensive experience with all forms of corporate organizations including provincial and federal corporations, not-for-profits, partnerships, limited partnerships and joint ventures. He provides advice to companies and boards of directors in various sectors, including not-for-profit, owner-managed businesses and publicly traded companies.
Griffith acts in a wide range of commercial transactions and regularly is involved in negotiating and drafting various commercial agreements including joint venture agreements, licensing agreements, asset purchase and sale agreements, and commercial leases. In his secured lending and commercial insolvency practices he represents a number of Canadian chartered banks and international lenders with respect to a variety of loan, financing, asset recovery and receivership matters.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (1996)
- Dalhousie University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (B.A. with Honours 1991)
- Dalhousie University (LL.B. 1995)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Instructor, Bankruptcy & Insolvency, Bar Admission
- Course Member, International Insolvency Association
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Corporate Secretary, Newfoundland Symphony Orchestra
- Secretary, Board of Trustees of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
- Member, Rotary Club of St. John’s
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Canadian Bar Association