Thomas has a commercial practice with a focus on commercial transactions, corporate law, construction and infrastructure law, and secured lending. He has acted in a wide range of corporate and commercial areas, including the sale and acquisition of businesses (share and asset purchases), secured financings, limited partnerships, joint ventures, licensing agreements, and commercial leases.
In the construction and infrastructure context, Thomas has provided strategic and practical advice to owners and contractors to ensure liability is minimized and work is completed on a timely and cost effective basis. His experience in this area includes all aspects of construction and infrastructure law, including Mechanics’ Liens, contract negotiation and drafting, and disputes. Thomas holds a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (B. Eng) from Memorial University, which provides him with a unique perspective in this area. Thomas works tirelessly to ensure he is up to date on the increasingly evolving trends in construction and infrastructure, and sits on the Canadian Bar Association Construction Law Young Lawyers Committee.
Thomas is also a member of Cox & Palmer’s Start-Ups Practice Group (NL). Here, he advises entrepreneurs on their business’s corporate and commercial needs throughout every stage of growth.
Outside of the office, Thomas volunteers on the Board of Directors of Lakecrest – St. John’s Independent School.
- Newfoundland and Labrador 2018
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law (Juris Doctor, 2017)
- Memorial University (Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, 2014)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association Construction Law Young Lawyers Committee
Activities Within Firm
- Member, Regional Construction Law Practice Group
- Member, Oil & Gas Practice Group
- Member, ALT Practice Group
- Member, Technology and Innovation Committee
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Director, Lakecrest – St. John’s Independent School
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Canadian Bar Association