It appears 2024 will include an unwelcome surprise for many business owners in Canada – public disclosure of their ownership interests in corporations. If you own federally-incorporated corporations, the agenda this fall should include a review to prepare for compliance. Canada Business Corporations Act Since 2017, Canada and the provinces, including Newfoundland and Labrador, have […]read more
Corporate & Commercial
Our corporate & commercial lawyers lead in some of the largest transactions involving business in Atlantic Canada, while also providing advice and counsel to small and medium sized enterprises. Our approach, regardless of the size of our client, is to leverage our industry experience while crafting a custom solution that works for you.
Our experience and knowledge allow us to anticipate, adapt and respond promptly with practical solutions to your specific business needs. The diverse skills of our corporate & commercial team allow us to provide a complete range of business law services, including:
- Reviewing and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Secured transactions
- Capital raising, including public offerings (IPOs)
- Business formation and structuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance, including company secretarial support and compliance activities, drafting and interpreting board policies and bylaws, implementing governance frameworks to comply with relevant legislation, advising on conflicts of interest and director’s duties, and providing general board advice
- Purchases and sales of businesses
- Joint ventures
- Public-private partnerships
- Supporting major procurements, including preparing and responding to RFPs, drafting contract documentation and subcontract arrangements, managing contractual compliance and advising on contractual disputes
- Corporate finance and securities
Find information on Corporate Services.