Luke Hayden is one of our newest associates in St. John’s, developing a practice working closely with our corporate and commercial, banking, insolvency and tax teams. He is also a member of our start-up practice group, using his multi-disciplinary skills to assist entrepreneurs at varying stages of their emerging businesses. A driven problem solver, Luke has an in-depth knowledge of finance with insight to anticipate and address the needs of our clients.
While attending Law School, Luke volunteered with the Pro Bono Students Canada Wills Project attaining practical legal skills interacting with clients, drafting powers of attorney and personal directives. This experience also deepened Luke’s awareness of the value of pro bono services in our community.
Prior to obtaining his Juris Doctor from the Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law in 2018, Luke obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration from Memorial University. He began his legal career with Cox & Palmer as a law student in 2016. Luke was admitted to the Newfoundland and Labrador Bar in February 2019.
Luke is fiercely competitive and outside of work, loves to play Catan, a board game of strategy over luck. Often triumphant, Luke’s wins come from constant analysis, patience over his rivals and the confidence to form alliances for the common good. All great skills to take into his legal practice.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (2019)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law (2018)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (B.B.A. 2015)
Activities Within Firm
- Member, Corporate & Commercial Practice Group
- Member, Restructuring & Insolvency Practice Group
- Member, Tax Practice Group
- Member, ALT (Startups) Practice Group
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Wills Project – Pro Bono Students Canada
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Canadian Bar Association