Peter Forestell is a partner in the Saint John office of Cox & Palmer. He was called to the New Brunswick Bar in 1977 after completing his education at the University of New Brunswick. Peter practises in the area of Corporate and Commercial Law.
Peter is a member of the CBA, New Brunswick Law Society and the Saint John Law Society, and is also the immediate past Chair of the Business Law Sub Section for CBA New Brunswick. He has lectured on Commercial Law at the Bar Admissions Course for several years and has chaired numerous CLE programs on Corporate and Commercial Law.
- Retained by major Canadian and international corporations to represent their interests in New Brunswick including various matters before municipal and provincial legislative authorities and committees.
- Retained by New Brunswick businesses on corporate reorganizations, sale and purchases of shares and/or assets and miscellaneous negotiations.
- Retained by utilities, financial institutions, private individuals and private and public companies with respect to real estate and corporate/commercial matters in New Brunswick.
- Retained by established and emerging IT corporations in New Brunswick with respect to IT matters and general corporate/commercial matters.
- New Brunswick (1977)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B., 1977)
- St. Thomas University (B.A., 1973)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Liaison with Corporate Affairs – New Brunswick Law Society
- Chair – “Incorporating Your Professional Practice”, Canadian Bar Association CLE Program (September 2006)
- Chair – “Commercial Transactions with the Province of New Brunswick”, New Brunswick Law Society (September 2003)
- Chair – “Emergence of First Nations as Commercial Law Clients”, New Brunswick Law Society Mid-Winter Meeting (February 2003)
- Conference Co-Chair – “Securing the Future: New Brunswick International Trust Companies” (September 2002)
- Chair – Commercial Law Conference, Continuing Legal Education (1999)
- Secretary – AV Nackawic Inc.
- Secretary – AV Cell Inc.
- Secretary – AV Terrace Bay Inc.
- Past Chairman and Director – SalesBridge Canada Co.
- Past Chair – Canadian Bar Association, New Brunswick Business Law Subsection
Activities Within Firm
- Past Chair – Regional Board of Directors for Cox & Palmer
- Past Managing Partner – New Brunswick Offices
- Past Managing Partner – Saint John Office
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Director – Saint John Hospice Inc.
- Director – Saint John Hospice Foundation Inc.
- Board Member – Fundy Food Festival
- Chair – Rocmaura Alzheimer’s Unit Capital Campaign
- Former Board of Governors – St. Thomas University
- Former Director – St. Joseph’s Hospital Foundation
- Past President – Rothesay-Kings Rotary Club
- Former Member of Executive – Canadian Red Cross, New Brunswick Branch
- Former Honorary Counsel – Canadian Red Cross New Brunswick
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Saint John Law Society