Simon-Pierre Godbout is a partner in Cox & Palmer’s Moncton Office. He practices in the areas of bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring and has experience advising creditors and debtors in bankruptcy, receivership and CCAA proceedings. In addition, Simon-Pierre maintains a commercial litigation practice and routinely acts on behalf of individuals, corporations, financial institutions and private lenders in commercial disputes, contractual claims and real estate and property disputes. Simon-Pierre has successfully argued at all court levels in New Brunswick.
Simon-Pierre’s practice also includes representing a broad range of clients in commercial transactions, corporate restructurings, multi-jurisdictional transactions and financings.
Simon-Pierre is fluent in both official languages and can assist his clients in French and English. Prior to graduating with a Juris Doctor from the Université de Moncton, he obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration. He articled with Cox & Palmer and was called to the New Brunswick bar in 2014.
- New Brunswick (2014)
- Université de Moncton
- Université de Moncton – J.D. (2013)
- Université de Moncton – B.B.A. (2010)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Director – New Brunswick Association for Community Living
- Chair – Governance Committee, New Brunswick Association for Community Living
Lectures & Presentations
- Contributor – Canadian Bar Association (NB) – Mid-Winter Meeting 2014 – Fundamental Changes to the Corporate Structure
- Contributor – Canadian Bar Association (NB) – Mid-Winter Meeting 2014 – Occupational Health and Safety in the Construction Industry
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association des juristes d'expression française du Nouveau-Brunswick