Simon-Pierre Godbout is an associate in the Moncton Office of Cox & Palmer. Prior to graduating with a Juris Doctor from the Université de Moncton, Simon-Pierre obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration. He articled with Cox & Palmer and was called to the New Brunswick bar in 2014.
Simon-Pierre is fluent in both official languages and can assist his clients in French and English. He has been involved in several insolvency matters both on behalf of lenders and borrowers. Simon-Pierre has acted on behalf of financial institutions and private lenders in Mortgage Enforcement (single and multi-unit residential as well as commercial properties) and Collections. In addition, Simon-Pierre has appeared at all levels of the New Brunswick Courts.
Simon-Pierre also taught an introduction to business law to business students at the Université de Moncton from 2014 to 2017. In his spare time, Simon-Pierre can be found playing hockey, golfing or fishing.
- New Brunswick (2014)
- Université de Moncton
- Université de Moncton – J.D. (2013)
- Université de Moncton – B.B.A. (2010)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Director – New Brunswick Association for Community Living (2017 to -)
- Member – Governance Committee, New Brunswick Association for Community Living
- Member – Discipline Committee, Soccer New Brunswick
Lectures & Presentations
- Professor – Introduction to Business Law (DROI2000) Université de Moncton (2014 – 2017)
- Contributor – Canadian Bar Association (NB) – Mid-Winter Meeting 2014 – Fundamental Changes to the Corporate Structure
- Contributor – Canadian Bar Association (NB) – Mid-Winter Meeting 2014 – Occupational Health and Safety in the Construction Industry
Law Society Memberships
- Association des juristes d'expression française de la Nouveau-Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of New Brunswick