Adam King is a Partner in Cox & Palmer’s Fredericton office. Adam obtained his law degree from the University of New Brunswick in 2013 and was called to the New Brunswick bar in 2014. Before attending law school, Adam was recruited to play varsity squash at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 2008. While at Dartmouth, Adam was an executive member of the Tri-Kappa Fraternity and was voted both MVP and Captain of the varsity squash team.
Adam’s legal practice includes: corporate & commercial law (e.g. incorporation of for-profit/not-for-profit companies, corporate re-organizations, amalgamations, buying/selling businesses and assets, shareholder agreements, by-laws, business name registrations, and equity financings); estates & trusts (e.g. estate planning, drafting wills and powers of attorney, applying for letters probate or letters of administration, and general estate administration); and real estate (e.g. purchases, sales, leases, mortgages and re-financings for both residential and commercial properties).
- New Brunswick (2014)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick – Juris Doctor (2013)
- Dartmouth College – Bachelors of Arts (2008)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Member – Law Society of New Brunswick, Practice Review Committee
- Member – Canadian Bar Association, Wills, Estates and Trusts Section
- Former Board Member & Past President – York-Sunbury Law Society
- Judicial Internship – New Brunswick Court of Appeal (2013)
Activities Within Firm
- Member – Regional Start-Ups Practice Group
- Member – Regional Estates & Trusts Practice Group
- Member – New Brunswick Student Recruitment Committee
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Mentor – NBCC Oasis Program
- Admissions Ambassador – Dartmouth College
- Connector – OpportunitiesNB Connects Program
- Board Member & President – Kings Landing Foundation Inc.
Law Society Memberships
- York-Sunbury Law Society
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association