Matt is an experienced business lawyer, regularly acting for clients in all aspects of commercial real estate, financing, leasing and commercial transactions.
Matt also advises clients in the areas of environmental and natural resources law. In the mining sector, he has acted for a wide variety of major producers, royalty companies and junior exploration companies with respect to all matters of title due diligence, land assembly, conveyancing, and mining agreements, including royalty, joint venture and option agreements.
Matt practised in Ontario for several years prior to returning to Nova Scotia in 2016, and is a member of both the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society and the Law Society of Ontario.
- Nova Scotia (2009)
- Ontario (2010)
- Dalhousie University
- Osgoode Hall Law School (Certificate in Mining Law, 2013)
- Dalhousie University (LLB, 2008)
- McGill University (BA, 2005)
Lectures & Presentations
- An Overview of How to Deal with Patented and Unpatented Mining Lands- Law Society of Upper Canada (2015)
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Transfers and Non-Canadian Ownership of Atlantic Canadian Fishing Licences
- Nova Scotia Eviction Moratorium and Rent Deferral
- Nova Scotia: Duty to Consult in Large Infrastructure Projects and COVID-19 Impacts - A review of Nova Scotia Supreme Court’s recent judgment in Sipekne’katik v. Alton Natural Gas Storage LP, 2020 NSSC 111