Robin is a partner in the Charlottetown office of Cox & Palmer. She practices in the areas of estate and tax planning, corporate and commercial transactions, commercial and residential property, estate administration and probate work. Her clients include individuals, trust companies, financial institutions, charitable organizations, owner-managed businesses and national companies. Robin holds the designation of TEP (Trusts and Estate Practitioner) from the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Robin’s corporate and commercial law practice involves incorporations, shareholder agreements, corporate reorganizations, estate freezes, contract negotiations and asset and share purchases.
Robin also acts as counsel for clients of all sizes on real estate matters, residential (single and multi-unit) and commercial and on all aspects of real estate (purchase, sale, financing, and leasing).
Robin has acted as counsel for clients including chartered banks, trust companies, and private lenders on all aspects of mortgage and judgment enforcement, secured and unsecured matters, and is approved legal counsel for a federal government program which assists with the relocation of employees of the federal government, the Canadian Forces and the RCMP, handling the purchase and sales for individuals.
- Nova Scotia (2005)
- Prince Edward Island (2008)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Prince Edward Island (B.A. First Class Standing in Philosophy 2001)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 2004)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- CBA Wills, Estates and Trusts – PEI Section Chair (2011-2016)
- PEI CBA – President (2019/2020)
- Law Society of PEI Continuing Legal Education – Committee Member (2009-2017)
- Stars for Life – Board Member (2015-present)
- PEI Bar course lecturer – Estate Planning and Administration (2016 – present)
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island
- Canadian Bar Association