Harry is a partner with Cox & Palmer’s Halifax office. His litigation practice focuses primarily on commercial, insurance, construction, and marine related matters. He also advises clients in respect to procurement and project tendering.
Harry also works in the area of health law and medical defence, including acting as counsel to the Canadian Medical Protective Association and its member physicians.
He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of King’s College in 1995 and his Bachelor of Laws from the University of New Brunswick in 2001.
Harry is a member of the Risk Management Association, Atlantic Chapter, and the Marine Insurance Committee of the Canadian Maritime Law Association. He is also a member of the Canadian Board of Marine Underwriters and the Nova Scotia Medical Legal Society. Harry is a past chair of the Civil Litigation and ADR Section of the Canadian Bar Association (Nova Scotia Branch), has served on the National Executive Board of the University of King’s College Alumni Association, and is on the Board of Directors of the Halifax Dunbrack Soccer Club.
Harry is a frequent lecturer on various topics related to the insurance and construction industries.
- Nova Scotia (2002)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of King’s College (B.A. 1995)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 2001)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Member, Nova Scotia Medical Legal Society – Board of Directors
- Risk Management Association
- Canadian Board of Marine Underwriters (Claims and Loss Prevention Committee)
- Canadian Maritime Law Association (Marine Insurance Committee)
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Member, DRI (Commercial Litigation, Construction, Insurance and Product Liability Substantive Committees)
Activities Within Firm
- Halifax Executive Committee Member, Past (2011-2014)
- Professional Personnel Partner, Past (2012 – 2014)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Member of the Board of Directors, Halifax Dunbrack Soccer Club
Lectures & Presentations
- Common Marine Exclusions: Critical Concepts and Interpretation – Presented at the 2015 Annual Conference of the Canadian Board of Marine Underwriters
- Intensive Construction Claim Avoidance and Management Training – various construction clients (builder and owner perspective)
- Procurement Update – Construction Specifications Canada
- Primed on Products: the Fundamentals of Product Liability Claims May 2012 – Canadian Defence Lawyers annual Defensible Positions Conference
- Bidding and Tendering 1/2 day course 2013 – Construction Association of Nova Scotia
- Bidding and Tendering January 2012 – Construction Association of Nova Scotia
- So You Want to Get Paid? Collection of Unpaid Accounts – SME clients
- Builders’ Lien 2010 – Construction Clients
- Are There Real Consequences For Crossing Virtual Lines? Cox & Palmer Insurance Seminar
- IMEs: Focus on Legal Issues – Canadian Society of Medical Evaluators
- Section D: Uninsured and Unidentified Automobile Coverage – Insurance Client
- Summary Judgment Law and Practice Insurance Cases – Insurance Client
- Understanding Insurance Case Law – Presented to Insurance Institute of Nova Scotia and the Insurance Brokers Association of Nova Scotia
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society