Sydney is an associate in the Saint John office of Cox & Palmer. She earned her law degree at the Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law in 2017 after having obtained a Bachelor of Arts at Mount Allison University in 2014.
After articling with Cox & Palmer, Sydney was called to the New Brunswick Bar in June 2018, and to the Nova Scotia Bar in October 2018. Sydney practiced family law in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia for two years before returning to her hometown of Saint John, New Brunswick.
Sydney enjoys practicing family law because of the one-on-one client service she is able to provide. She works closely with clients to achieve a reasonable resolution using a practical approach. Having focused her practice on family law, Sydney understands the complexity of circumstances that often surround family law matters. She is skilled at assisting her clients navigate the emotional experience ensuring the best possible outcome for them and their families. Sydney understands that family law disputes require unique solutions and she is dedicated to creating outcomes that suit the client’s needs.
- New Brunswick (2018 and 2020)
- Nova Scotia (2018)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Mount Allison University (B.A. (International Relations), Hons.2014)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Co-Chair of the Canadian Barristers Association Nova Scotia branch of the Women Lawyers Forum (2019-2020)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Board Member Halifax Sexual Health Centre (2018 -2020)
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of New Brunswick