- Lisa Miller
- Phone:(506) 633-2714
- Fax:(506) 632-8809
- Phone:(506) 633-7501
- Fax:(506) 632-8809
Jack M. Blackier is a partner in the Saint John office of Cox & Palmer. He was called to the New Brunswick bar in 1997 after completing his education at the University of New Brunswick. Jack brings a wealth of knowledge to the Cox & Palmer team. Formerly of the firm Barry Spalding, he practises in the areas of tax, estate planning, commercial litigation, administrative law, and insurance law.
Born in Minto, New Brunswick, Jack has an exemplary career highlighted by numerous awards and scholarly achievements. He also holds the distinction of being a part-time faculty member at both the University of New Brunswick (Faculty of Business Administration) and Mount Allison University (Commerce Faculty). Throughout his career, Jack has been involved in a number of community organizations.
An avid hunter and fishing enthusiast, Jack and his wife Assunta have two sons.
- Jack has unique qualified forensic financial and fraud analysis knowledge with a proven track record.
- He has extensive consulting and litigation experience in estate, tax, loss quantification and pension fund management. Jack has engaged with senior litigation counsel and 3rd party independent experts (i.e. CBVs, IFAs, actuaries, etc.) and conducted direct/cross examination of 3rd party experts regarding loss quantification matters.
- Having advanced legal and accounting accreditations, insightful presentation skills and court experience allows clients and colleagues the benefits of a court-recognized lawyer and powerful litigation team member.
- Jack represents individual and corporate taxpayers in disputes with Canada Revenue Agency, and taxpayers before the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Provincial Court of New Brunswick.
- New Brunswick (1997)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick (B.A. Double Honors, 1978)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B., 1981)
- Chartered Accountant Designation (CA, 1986)
- CICA In-Depth Tax Course (1992)
- Diploma in Investigative & Forensic Accounting, University of Toronto (2009)
- French language Training Diploma (2010)
- Osgoode Hall Law School, York University (LL.M., 2013)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Executive Director – New Brunswick Institute of Chartered Accountants, NBICA (1994-2014)
- Member – Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Brunswick
- Member – Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member – CICA National Specialization Council
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Member – Saint John Board of Trade Business Education Forum
- Judge – Saint John Board of Trade Outstanding Business Achievement Awards
- Treasurer – Fredericton Emergency Shelter
- Director – Epilepsy New Brunswick
- Director – Junior Achievement of Saint John Inc.
- Co-ordinator – Quispamsis Minor Hockey Association
- Board Member – Kennebecasis Valley Minor Hockey Association
Lectures & Presentations
- Part-Time Lecturer in Commercial and Business Law, Auditing, Financial Accounting and Reporting at University of New Brunswick (Fredericton and Saint John campuses), and Mount Allison University. (1989-2013)
Law Society Memberships
- Saint John Law Society
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association