Denis is a partner in the St. John’s office of Cox & Palmer and practices primarily in the area of commercial litigation and insurance defense. Recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading practitioner in commercial insurance litigation, his insurance practice includes coverage, product liability, construction claims, and professional negligence.
In addition to insurance defense matters, Denis is an experienced energy lawyer, dealing with regulatory matters, particularly as they relate to the oil and gas sector.
Denis is a member of the firm’s Management Committee, serving as deputy Managing Partner, and an essential member of the St. John’s litigation team. With many long term client relationships and a track record of successful outcomes for his clients, he is known for his business acumen and legal insight.
- Acted as litigation counsel for a general contractor on one of Newfoundland and Labrador’s largest construction claims.
- Represented one of Newfoundland’s largest industrial customers on matters before the Public Utility Board.
- Represented oil and gas clients on regulatory matters before the C-NLOPB and the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Acted for manufacturers on products liability matters.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (2004)
- Ontario (2003)
- University of Toronto
- University of Toronto (J.D., 2002)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (B.Sc., 1999)
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador