Alysa O’Keefe is an associate at Cox & Palmer’s St. John’s Office. She began her legal career as a summer student with the firm in 2021 and was called to the Newfoundland and Labrador Bar in February, 2023. Alysa is building her legal practice primarily in the areas of civil litigation, administrative law, labour and employment law and wills and estates law.
Alysa earned her Juris Doctor and Health Law Certificate in 2022 after completing a Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance (Honours) from Memorial University in 2019. During law school, Alysa was a member of the 2022 Wilson Moot Team and a Co-ordinator with Pro Bono Dalhousie’s High School Co-op Program delivered in conjunction with the Halifax Regional Centre for Education and the Nova Scotia Department of Justice.
While Alysa’s background in classical vocal performance may not have been the most obvious pre-cursor to becoming a lawyer, this training has been invaluable to her development in the legal profession. This, combined with her law degree, has given her the opportunity to hone a variety of skills, including her exacting attention to detail and strong collaborative skills to assist clients in obtaining positive outcomes.
If she isn’t at the office, you will probably be able to find Alysa at one of St. John’s many restaurants or in her own kitchen, experimenting with a recipe of her own.
Newfoundland and Labrador (2023)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law (Juris Doctor, 2022)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law (Health Law Certificate, 2022)
- Memorial University (Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance (Honours), 2019)
Activities Within Firm
- Member, Social Committee
- Member, Insurance Litigation Practice Group
- Member, Labour & Employment Practice Group
- Member, Wills & Estates Practice Group
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Canadian Bar Association