Isabelle is an Associate in the Charlottetown office of Cox & Palmer, practicing primarily in the areas of employment, labour, human rights, regulatory and administrative law. She has experience with both unionized and non-unionized employers and provides advice and assistance to employers on a wide variety of employment and labour law matters, including employment contracts, policies and procedures, statutory obligations, collective agreement interpretation, attendance management, accommodation, workplace harassment and violence, workplace investigations, discipline, termination, wrongful dismissal claims, grievances, and human rights issues.
Isabelle has represented clients before courts and tribunals in Prince Edward Island. She is also trained to conduct independent workplace investigations and holds a Workplace Investigations Training Certificate from the Human Resources Professionals Association.
- Prince Edward Island (2017)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Prince Edward Island (Bachelor of Arts Honours History, 2013)
- University of New Brunswick (Juris Doctor, 2016)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- CLE Committee – Law Society of Prince Edward Island (2017 – present)
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island
- Canadian Bar Association
- Employee Refusals to Work: Employer Rights and Obligations under OHS Legislation
- COVID-19 Public Health Measures and Essential Services in Atlantic Canada
- COVID-19 – How Employers Can Manage the Workplace in These Uncertain Times
- How to Prepare for Coronavirus in the Workplace
- Introduction of Domestic Violence, Intimate Partner Violence, or Sexual Violence Leave for Employees on Prince Edward Island
- Workplace Investigations: Navigating Respectful Workplace Policies
- Disciplining Employees for Off-duty Social Media Use: When is it Appropriate?
- New Year, New Changes to Prince Edward Island’s Employment Standards Act
- Update: An Overview of Parental and Maternity Leave in Atlantic Canada
- Revisiting Pound v. iWave: Lessons for Employers