Walter is Counsel in the Fredericton office of Cox & Palmer. Born in Fredericton, New Brunswick, he was admitted to the New Brunswick bar in 1974, having completed his Bachelor of Arts degree at Saint Thomas University, his law degree at the University of New Brunswick, and his Masters degree in law at New York University. Walter was appointed the designation of Queen’s Counsel in 1995.
Walter practices in the fields of Banking, Bankruptcy, Insolvency, Commercial, Corporate and Property Law. Employing a practical and solution oriented approach, he acts for a number of local, national and international corporations and financial institutions.
- New Brunswick (1974)
- University of New Brunswick
- St. Thomas University (B.A. 1971)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 1974)
- New York University (LL.M. 1975)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Member – Atlantic Provinces Mediation Institute
- Associate Member – American Bar Association (Business, Health and LPM subsections)
- Past Chair – Bankruptcy and Insolvency – Canadian Bar Association, NB Branch
- Past Chair – Law Practice Management – Canadian Bar Association, NB Branch
- Past Member – Insolvency Institute of Canada and INSOL International
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Advisor – Board of Partners For Youth Inc.
- Advisor – New Brunswick Association of Food Banks
- Past Director – Fredericton Community Foundation Inc.
Lectures & Presentations
Walter has been a course leader of the Creditors Rights Bar Admission Course and regularly presents papers at Continuing Legal Education Seminars on a wide variety of subjects.
Law Society Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- York-Sunbury Law Society