A bilingual graduate of Dalhousie Law School, Michel began his law practice in Cape Breton before spending 19 years as a Member of the Nova Scotia Legislature. Michel’s cabinet assignments included acting Minister of Justice, Attorney General & Deputy Premier, Minister of Energy, Trade & Acadian Affairs and Francophonie, Minister of Economic and Rural Development & Tourism, Minister of Environment and Government House Leader.
As Counsel in the Halifax office, Michel’s experience in energy, fishery, aboriginal affairs and trade matters is an asset for our clients doing business in Atlantic Canada and beyond. Michel provides strategic advice on government relations and community consultation. He is a registered lobbyist with the Province of Nova Scotia and Government of Canada, and provides assistance to our clients needing guidance in government relations.
Michel has been appointed to the 2019 Board of Directors for Marine Renewables Canada.
- Nova Scotia (1998)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Dalhousie Law School (LLB, 1997)
- Dalhousie University (BA, 1993)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Chair, Board of Directors, Marine Renewables Canada (2020 – )
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Community Foundation of Nova Scotia – Board Member (2018 – )
- Easter Seals Nova Scotia – Board Member (2018 – )
- The Gallivan Cystic Fibrosis Golf Tournament – Organizing Committee Member