- Alana Cody (She/her)
- Phone:(902) 491-6808
- Fax:(902) 421-3130
As Counsel in the Halifax office, Michel’s experience in energy, fishery, aboriginal affairs and trade matters is an asset for our clients doing business in Atlantic Canada and beyond. Michel provides strategic advice on government relations and community consultation. He is a registered lobbyist with the Province of Nova Scotia and Government of Canada, assisting clients needing guidance in government relations. He is experienced working on projects involving various stakeholders and environmental consideration at all levels of government.
A bilingual graduate of Dalhousie Law School, Michel began his law practice in Cape Breton before spending 19 years as a Member of the Nova Scotia Legislature. Michel’s cabinet assignments included acting Minister of Justice, Attorney General & Deputy Premier, Minister of Energy, Trade & Acadian Affairs and Francophonie, Minister of Economic and Rural Development & Tourism, Minister of Environment and Government House Leader.
Michel is past-Chair of the Board of Directors for Marine Renewables Canada. He is a board member for Easter Seals Canada and the Université Sainte-Anne.
- Nova Scotia (1998)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Dalhousie Law School (LLB, 1997)
- Dalhousie University (BA, 1993)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Chair, Board of Directors, Marine Renewables Canada (2020 – )
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Community Foundation of Nova Scotia – Board Member (2018 – )
- Easter Seals Nova Scotia – Board Member (2018 – )
- The Gallivan Cystic Fibrosis Golf Tournament – Organizing Committee Member