A bilingual graduate of Dalhousie Law School, Michel began his law practice in Port Hawkesbury before spending 19 years as a Member of the Nova Scotia Legislature. Michel’s cabinet assignments included acting Minister of Justice, Attorney General & Deputy Premier, Minister of Energy, Trade & Acadian Affairs and Francophonie, Minister of Economic and Rural Development & Tourism, Minister of Environment and Government House Leader.
As Counsel in the Halifax office, Michel’s experience in energy, fishery, aboriginal affairs and trade matters is an asset for our clients doing business in Atlantic Canada and beyond.
- Nova Scotia (1998)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Dalhousie Law School (LL.B., 1997)
- Dalhousie University (BA, 1993)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Community Foundation of Nova Scotia – board member, 2018 –
- Easter Seals NS – Board member (Spring 2018)
- The Gallivan Cystic Fibrosis Golf Tournament – Organizing committee member