Tara is an associate with our business law group in Halifax. Tara joined Cox & Palmer as a summer student in 2013 and was called to the bar in 2015. She practices primarily in the area of estates and trusts, and real estate.
Tara graduated from Dalhousie University’s Schulich School of Law in 2014. Prior to attending Dalhousie, she completed a Bachelor of Arts at Saint Mary’s University and a Bachelor of Education at the University of Maine.
While in school, Tara participated in the pro-bono Wills Projects providing her with hands-on experience in wills and estates. She also worked as a title searcher, creating a foundation for her work in real estate law. She now applies this past experience to her growing practice.
Tara is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society, and is secretary of the Atlantic Canada Pipe Band.
- Nova Scotia (2015)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Saint Mary’s University (BA, 2007)
- University of Maine, Fort Kent (BEd, 2010)
- Schulich School of Law (JD, 2014)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Pro-bono Wills Project – Schulich School of Law
- Atlantic Canada Pipe Band – Secretary
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society