Stéphanie Luce is an associate in our Moncton office and a key member of our insurance team. She is fluently bilingual and has more than 13 years’ experience working in insurance defence and administrative law.
Stéphanie is a solid communicator and advocate with a talent for positioning facts in an easy-to-follow format and for drafting strong arguments. She is an excellent negotiator who understands how to manage expectations and who strives to develop solutions that appeal to the various facets of her clients’ and Plaintiffs’ needs. As a strategic leader, Stéphanie can quickly assess risk, and smoothly manage the various tasks and team members on multiple projects simultaneously.
From Stéphanie’s years of practise as a lawyer she has developed many skills to provide exceptional service to her clients. She manages a portfolio which combines advice to clients seeking guidance on particular points of law and the development of ongoing litigation cases with varied levels of complexity. Her experience includes providing insurance coverage opinions, positioning individuals and organizations to weather regulatory or legal challenges in contexts such as privacy practices and policies and disciplinary inquiries — in addition to core practice of providing litigation services defending claims against various types of insurance policies (automobile, liability, disability, life and casualty insurance).
- Developed a practise providing advice on insurance coverage issues and in relation to the defence of insured claims, including selecting and using expert evidence.
- Built a “trusted advisor” relationship in the financial industry — providing frequent advice with respect to claims on several of the client’s insurance product lines.
- Cultivated a diverse practice — in addition to the core practice of insurance — by working on litigation cases involving construction law and Crown construction contracts legislation, constitutional linguistic rights, personal torts (such as defamation, intimidation, false imprisonment and trespass), employment law and injured worker legislation.
- Works with ease with scientific and technical concepts such as medical models and terminology, motor vehicle accident physics and technical drawings.
- New Brunswick (2001)
- Université de Moncton
- LL.B. (Common Law) – Université de Moncton (2000)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Sociology) – Université de Moncton (1997)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Chair – Articling Committee, Law Society of New Brunswick (2011–Present)
- Member – Examinations Committee and Articling Committee, Law Society of New Brunswick (2008–Present)
- Instructor – Bar Admission Course, Law Society of New Brunswick (2005-Present)
- Member – Moncton Area Lawyers’ Association (2001-Present)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Ad Hoc Advisor – Cocagne Local Service District Advisory Committee and Cocagne Rural Community (2012-present)
- Member – Working Group for the Cocagne Rural Community Project (2012–2013)
- Westmorland Region Representative – Association des juristes d’expression française du N.-B. (2008-2010)
- President – NB Regional Council of the Canadian Red Cross (2007–2009)
- Atlantic Zone Council Member – Canadian Red Cross (2005–2009)
- Member – National Strategic Planning Committee, Canadian Red Cross (2008)
- Vice President – Association des juristes d’expression française du Nouveau-Brunswick (2007-2008)
- NB Delegate – National AGM, Canadian Red Cross (2005–2008)
Lectures & Presentations
- February 2017: L’utilisation du droit de la protection des renseignements personnels dans votre pratique en tant qu’épée et bouclier, with Sacha Morisset, Stewart McKelvey and Sonia Lanteigne, WorkSafe NB, for the CBA Mid-Winter Conference
- October 2010: Privacy and E-Health Issues, Presentation with Christian Whalen, Counsel with the Office of the Ombudsman for the CBA Conference Critical Issues in Health Law
Law Society Memberships
- Association des juristes d'expression française de la Nouveau-Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of New Brunswick