Sarah is an associate in our Halifax office, practicing general litigation. She holds a Political Science (Honours) degree from Dalhousie University, and a JD from the Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University. Sarah was called to the Nova Scotia Bar in 2021, and before returning to Cox & Palmer as an associate, completed a clerkship at the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal.
While in law school, she received numerous academic awards and scholarships, including the course prizes Contracts, Property, Torts, Constitutional Law, Trade Law, Insurance and Civil Procedure Law, Judicial Remedies, Energy Law and the highest standing in second year of law school.
Sarah established a scholarship fund at Dalhousie University for young women interested in politics, which is funded primarily by the book she co-wrote entitled “On Their Shoulders: The Women Who Paved the Way in Nova Scotian Politics”, profiling the first 50 female MLA’s in Nova Scotia. The scholarship helps two young women a year.
- Nova Scotia (2021)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University (JD, 2020)
- Dalhousie University (BAH, 2017)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Pro Bono Student, Elizabeth Fry Society Nova Scotia (2018-2020)
- Advocate, Dalhousie Student Advocacy Services (2017-2020)
- Pro Bono Student, Dalhousie Youth Law Education Society (2017-2020)
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Canadian Bar Association