Roy is an associate in the business law group at Cox & Palmer’s Halifax office. He has a general corporate practice with a focus on M&A, privacy and technology law, financing, and commercial real estate.
Roy works closely with Nova Scotia’s start-up community providing advice and volunteering as a judge for various pitch competitions in the region.
Roy is a graduate of the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University where he competed in the 2016 Davies’ Annual Corporate/Securities Law Moot. Prior to law school, Roy graduated from the Smith School of Business at Queen’s University with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Honours).
- Nova Scotia (2017)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Dalhousie University (JD, 2016)
- Queen’s University (Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), 2011)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Vice-Chair, Nova Scotia Canadian Bar Association Business Law Section
- Volunteer, Nova Scotia Courts Free Legal Clinic
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Member, CN Community Board- Halifax (2019-)
- Board member, Nova Scotia Salmon Association (2019-)
- Past Board Member, Cystic Fibrosis fundraiser Lawn Summer Nights Halifax
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society