Roland is a partner in the St. John’s office. He has been practicing law since he was called to the Newfoundland and Labrador Bar in 1978. Born in Grates Cove, Trinity Bay, Newfoundland, Roland completed his education at Memorial University, (B.A. 1974) and Dalhousie University, (LL.B. 1977). His practice is focused extensively in the area of Commercial and Residential Real Estate and Bank Financing.
Over the last 39 years, Roland has built one of the largest Real Estate practices in the Newfoundland legal community.
- Counsel for several Canadian financial institutions on a variety of matters.
- Counsel for large auto dealer group.
- Counsel for several companies on development of residential and industrial real estate projects.
- Counsel for large mining company on the acquisition of real property.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (1978)
- Dalhousie University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (B.A. 1974)
- Dalhousie University (LL.B. 1977)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Former Chairman and lecturer of the Real Estate section of the Bar Admissions Course in Newfoundland and Labrador
Community & Volunteer Activities
- President, Newfoundland and Labrador Special Olympics (1999-2001)
- Member, Practice Rules Compliance Committee of the Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Canadian Bar Association