Rebecca is a Partner in the Saint John office of Cox & Palmer, practising in the area of commercial litigation. She also practices in the areas of banking & insolvency, employment & labour, estate litigation, municipal and construction.
Rebecca has appeared before the New Brunswick Court of Appeal, Trial Division of the Court of Queen’s Bench of New Brunswick, the Supreme Courts of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island and Registrars in Bankruptcy. She has also appeared before Arbitrators and the Occupational Health and Safety Tribunal of Canada.
Rebecca was a competitive curler. She represented New Brunswick at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts on five occasions, which taught her even more about determination, resilience and the benefits of a team-minded approach. Rebecca applies these skills when working with her clients in order to help them achieve their objectives.
- Counsel for businesses, financial institutions and municipalities in a variety of complicated commercial disputes.
- Significant experience in insolvency matters including under the BIA and the CCAA as well as in the field of recovery/enforcement matters acting for financial institutions, trustees and creditors.
- Counsel for employers and employees in various employment & labour matters.
- Rebecca has also acted in various construction related matters, including with respect to liens, tendering and contract disputes.
- New Brunswick (2008)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick (B.A., 2004)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B., 2007)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Saint John Law Society, Council Member 2017, Secretary/Treasurer 2018
- New Brunswick Law Society, Bar Admission Course, Instructor (Advocacy/Civil Litigation) 2014-2017
Activities Within Firm
- NB Associate Retention and Development Partner (2017-2018)
- Regional Women’s Advisory Committee (2017-2018)
- NB Women Lawyers Group Organizing Committee (2017-2018)
- NB Student Hiring/Recruitment (Member: 2008-2011, Chair: 2012-2016)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Rockwood Park Endowment Fund Administrator (2013-2018)
- UNBSJ Research Ethics Board Member (2014-2018)
- NBCC Research Ethics Board Member (2017-2018)
- Scotties Tournament of Hearts: Team NB (2012-2016)
- SheEO’s Act of Radical Generosity Activator (2015)
- UNB Associated Alumni Council (2012-2014)
- Spanish National Curling Team Mixed Doubles Coach (2013)
- Hestia House Board of Directors (2008-2010)
Lectures & Presentations
- Be Prepared! Family Matters In the Workplace – Business Seminars (2017)
- The Art & Science of Privilege – The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (May 2015)
- Social Media in the Workplace – Enterprise Saint John (March 2013)
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Saint John Law Society