Nicole is an associate in the Halifax office of Cox & Palmer. She practices in the areas of employment and labour, workplace investigations, administrative law and professional regulation. She is also a member of our litigation team.
Before obtaining her law degree at the University of New Brunswick, Nicole completed her Masters degree in French Studies at Western. She also holds her certificate in Workplace Investigations Training from the Human Resources Professionals Association.
With client service a top priority, she offers legal counsel in both official languages.
- Appeared before the Nova Scotia Supreme Court, as well as before various arbitral tribunals on a variety of employment, labour, regulatory, and administrative matters.
- Experience includes wrongful dismissal lawsuits, judicial review applications, governance issues, drafting and reviewing contracts of employment, occupational health & safety, and policies and termination agreements.
- Conducted independent workplace investigations on a variety of issues.
- Completed a judicial internship at the New Brunswick Court of Appeal in 2015.
Nova Scotia (2017)
- University of New Brunswick
- Human Resources Professionals Association: Workplace Investigations Training and Certificate (2019)
- University of New Brunswick (JD, 2016)
- University of Western Ontario (MA, French Studies, 2013)
- Acadia University (BA, French, 2011)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Secretary to the Board of Directors, Kingsburg Coastal Conservancy (2018 -)
- Legal Volunteer, East Coast Prison Justice (2018 -)
- Volunteer, Nova Scotia Courts Free Legal Clinic (2017-)
- Board Member, Kingsburg Coastal Conservancy (2017 – 2018)
Activities Within Firm
Member of Diversity and Inclusion Committee – Halifax Office
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Canadian Bar Association