An associate in the Halifax office, Nicole completed her law degree at the University of New Brunswick and was called to the Nova Scotia Bar in 2017. Prior to law school, Nicole completed her undergraduate degree at Acadia University and her master’s degree at Western University.
An active member in her community, Nicole is on the board of the Nova Scotia Talent Trust and the secretary of the board for the Kingsburg Coastal Conservancy. Since her bar call in 2017, she has volunteered for the Courts of Nova Scotia Free Legal Clinic.
- Nicole has appeared before the Nova Scotia Supreme Court and various arbitral tribunals on a variety of employment, labour, regulatory, civil and commercial litigation matters.
- Nicole’s experience includes, among others, wrongful dismissal lawsuits, judicial review applications, governance issues, and human rights matters. As part of her practice, Nicole routinely conducts workplace investigations, having received her certification from the Human Resource Professionals Association in 2019.
- Conducted independent workplace investigations on a variety of issues.
- Completed a judicial internship at the New Brunswick Court of Appeal in 2015.
Nova Scotia (2017)
- University of New Brunswick
- Human Resources Professionals Association: Workplace Investigations Training and Certificate (2019)
- University of New Brunswick (JD, 2016)
- University of Western Ontario (MA, French Studies, 2013)
- Acadia University (BA, French, 2011)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Board Member, Nova Scotia Talent Trust (2020 -)
- Secretary to the Board of Directors, Kingsburg Coastal Conservancy (2018 -)
- Legal Volunteer, East Coast Prison Justice (2018 -)
- Volunteer, Nova Scotia Courts Free Legal Clinic (2017 -)
- Board Member, Kingsburg Coastal Conservancy (2017 – 2018)
Activities Within Firm
Member of Diversity and Inclusion Committee – Halifax Office
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Canadian Bar Association