Megan is a partner in the St. John’s office of Cox & Palmer. She was admitted to the Newfoundland and Labrador Bar in 2011.
Megan practices in a broad range of litigation matters, including commercial, construction, insolvency, and insurance defence litigation. Her insurance litigation practice has involved coverage and liability disputes, property and personal injury damages (automobile and non-auto) and subrogated claims.
Megan has appeared at all levels of court in Newfoundland and Labrador and has represented clients at contested applications, trials, appeals, mediations and settlement conferences.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (2011)
- University of British Columbia
- Dalhousie University (B.A., Combined Honours in Political Science and History 2007)
- University of British Columbia (LL.B. 2010)
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Firm’s Administration Fees Disallowed in Great North Data Ltd. (Re)
- In Callidus we “Trust” – The SCC Rules on the Deemed Trust Provisions of the Excise Tax Act and Overturns the Federal Court of Appeal Ruling in Callidus Capital Corporation v. Her Majesty the Queen
- NL Court Finds Standard Mortgage Clause Defeats Canada Revenue Agency “Deemed Trust” Provisions
- Court Lifts Stay of Proceedings to Enforce Costs Award Against Spouse
- Fraud of Homecare Administrator Survives Bankruptcy Discharge
- NL Court of Appeal Restates Principles That Apply to Claims of Unconscionability
- Implied Undertaking Rule Inapplicable in Context of Independent Medical Examination