Margaret is an associate at Cox & Palmer’s Halifax office. Margaret was called to the Ontario Bar in 2012 and the Nova Scotia Bar in 2017 and is licensed in both provinces. Prior to receiving her law degree from Dalhousie University, Margaret obtained a degree in Public Relations with honours from Mount Saint Vincent University.
Margaret has a general corporate/commercial practice which is focused primarily on privacy, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory and corporate governance matters. Margaret joined the firm in 2017 after practicing in Ontario for several years, most recently acting as in-house counsel for a major automotive manufacturer, where she was broadly responsible for the company’s privacy, security and anti-spam matters across Canada.
Margaret is a member of the Canadian Bar Association (Nova Scotia Branch) Privacy and Access Law section. She also is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (“CIPP/C”) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Nova Scotia (2017)
- Ontario (2012)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) – Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (“CIPP/C”), (2018)
- Dalhousie University (JD, 2011)
- Mount Saint Vincent University (BPR, 2002)
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association