Leanne is a skilled commercial litigator who represents an extensive range of Cox & Palmer’s local and national clients. Her experience includes negligence, product liability claims, class actions, contractual disputes and most recently acting as local counsel in significant royalty litigation within the natural resource field. Leanne has represented clients at all levels of the Supreme Court and Provincial Court in Newfoundland & Labrador.
Leanne is the Managing Partner in St. John’s, appointed in 2017 as a testament to her professional accomplishments, business acumen and remarkable leadership skills. She is an active member of the Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador, is an elected Bencher and serves as Chair of the Law Society’s Education Committee. She was called to the Newfoundland and Labrador Bar after completing her education at Queen’s University.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (1996)
- Queen's University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (B. Comm. Hons. Co-op 1992)
- Queen’s University (LL.B. 1995)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Elected Bencher, Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Instructor, Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador Bar Admission Course in the area of Civil Procedure
- Law Society Representative, Rules Committee of Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador (Court of Appeal and Trial Division)
Lectures & Presentations
- Presenter, Various Local and Regional Firm-sponsored Insurance Law Seminars, 2001-2013
- Presenter, Chartered Insurance Professionals Society Seminar; Newfoundland Chapter: E & O Liability Insurance: Duty to Defend and Indemnify, November 1999
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador