Leanne is a partner in the St. John’s office of Cox & Palmer. She was called to the Newfoundland and Labrador Bar after completing her education at Queen’s University. Leanne is a member of our general litigation group servicing an extensive range of local and national clients.
Leanne’s general litigation experience includes negligence, motor vehicle liability, personal injury, contract disputes, collections, criminal and regulatory matters. Leanne’s litigation practice includes trial and pre-trial representation, settlement negotiations and mediation.
Her representation involves litigation at various levels of the judicial system including the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador: Court of Appeal and Trial Divisions, and Provincial Court of Newfoundland and Labrador: Criminal and Civil Divisions.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (1996)
- Queen's University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (B. Comm. Hons. Co-op 1992)
- Queen’s University (LL.B. 1995)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Elected Bencher, Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Instructor, Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador Bar Admission Course in the area of Civil Procedure
- Law Society Representative, Rules Committee of Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador (Court of Appeal and Trial Division)
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
Lectures & Presentations
- Presenter, Various Local and Regional Firm-sponsored Insurance Law Seminars, 2001-2013
- Presenter, Chartered Insurance Professionals Society Seminar; Newfoundland Chapter: E & O Liability Insurance: Duty to Defend and Indemnify, November 1999