Kelcie is an associate lawyer in our Halifax office. She maintains a diverse litigation practice, with a focus on medical defence, family law, and insurance.
Kelcie first joined Cox & Palmer as a summer law student in 2016. She later articled with the firm, gaining admission to the Nova Scotia bar in 2019. Before returning as an associate in 2020, Kelcie spent a year clerking for the judges of the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal. From her time with the Court, she brings sharp research and analytical skills, and a valuable perspective on the judicial decision-making process.
Originally from Nova Scotia, Kelcie earned her law degree from the University of New Brunswick in 2018, graduating with the highest level of distinction. While in law school, she received several academic awards and scholarships, including the course prizes in civil procedure, corporate law, tax, and criminal law. She also served as Editor-in-Chief of the UNB Law Journal.
- Nova Scotia (2019)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of King’s College (BA, 2014)
- University of New Brunswick (JD with Distinction, 2018)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Member, The Advocates Society
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- This Month in NS Family Law – August 2021
- Defences available to manufacturers in product liability claims
- This Month in NS Family Law - July 2021
- This Month in NS Family Law – June 2021
- Manufacturers’ Defences to Product Liability Claims
- This Month in NS Family Law – May 2021
- This Month in NS Family Law – April 2021
- This Month in NS Family Law - March 2021