Practising since 2001, Kathleen (Kate) is a zealous advocate and skilled litigator representing clients in labour and employment matters and civil litigation. A graduate of Dalhousie Law School and a St. John’s native, Kate brings her excitement for new challenges and a love for lifetime learning to her work everyday.
Kate’s energetic and up-front communication style allows her to develop strong client relationships and robust representation. Her negotiation skills and steadfast manner result in prompt, efficient and mutually acceptable resolution agreements.
An active member of the community of St. John’s, Kate is a long-time board member of Special Olympics Newfoundland and Labrador, where she contributes to their mandate and enjoys the athletes’ spirit of inclusion, camaraderie and competition.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (2001)
- Nova Scotia (2003)
- Dalhousie University
- Dalhousie University (LL.B. 2000)
- University of Ottawa (B.A., Honours in Communications 1996)
- L’Universite Laval (B.A. 1993)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
Activities Within Firm
- Management Committee, Professional Personnel Partner
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Special Olympics Newfoundland and Labrador – Board of Directors
- Activator – SheEO’s Act of Radical Generosity
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador