Jessica M. Gillis is an associate lawyer in Cox & Palmer’s Charlottetown office and was called to the Prince Edward Island bar in June 2016. Jessica’s practice is focused in the area of legal research and writing, and she provides such support in all areas of the law. Jessica’s experience providing such support on files, for both private and public clients, has helped her to hone her research and analytical capabilities to help meet clients’ needs and ensure the best possible outcomes.
Jessica provides high-quality research assistance on issues relating to health law, general litigation, and labour and employment. In her research-focused practice, Jessica engages in the review of technical and complex questions of law and assists with the preparation of written legal documents. Jessica also has significant experience in legislation and contract interpretation, as well as in the area of policy review and development.
Prior to attending law school at Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law, Jessica graduated from the University of Prince Edward Island in 2009 with a Bachelor of Business Administration, and worked for Veterans Affairs Canada, gaining valuable experience in the public sector.
- Prince Edward Island (2016)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- University of Prince Edward Island (B.B.A. 2009)
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law (Juris Doctor 2015)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Board Member – Canadian Cancer Society PEI Division
- Chair – Advocacy Committee, Canadian Cancer Society PEI Division
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of Prince Edward Island
- Canadian Bar Association