Jennifer is an associate in the Fredericton office of Cox & Palmer. She practises with the Employment and Labour Group, with a focus on complex legal research and writing.
Jennifer completed her education at Dalhousie University (B.Sc. (Hons.), Earth Sciences, 1997) and the University of New Brunswick Law School (JD, with Distinction, 2013). She was called to the New Brunswick Bar in 2014 after completing her articles at the New Brunswick Court of Appeal, under the supervision of the Honourable J. Ernest Drapeau, then Chief Justice of New Brunswick.
Originally from Prince Edward Island, Jennifer now lives in Fredericton. She has previously lived in Halifax, Calgary, and St. John’s. Outside of work, Jennifer enjoys painting, knitting and gardening.
Jennifer’s legal career includes experience in the Government of New Brunswick, Department of Justice and the Office of the Attorney General, where she practised in the Legislative Development (Law Reform) group. Before beginning her legal career, Jennifer practised as a petroleum geologist with ExxonMobil Canada and as a medical radiation technologist.
- New Brunswick (2014)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick – J.D., with Distinction (2013)
- British Columbia Institute of Technology – Advanced Specialty Certificate, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (2008)
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology – Diploma, Nuclear Medicine Technology (2003)
- Dalhousie University – B.Sc. (Hons.), Earth Sciences (1997)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Volunteer – Canadian Bar Association, New Brunswick Branch – Examining Committee
- Member – Association of Professional Geoscientists of Nova Scotia (P. Geo., retired)
- Member – Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (RTNM, RTMR (non-practicing))
- Member – New Brunswick Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (RTNM, RTMR (non-practicing))
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Volunteer – Fredericton SPCA – Team Tiny (Special Needs Medical Fund)
- Board of Directors – Fredericton SPCA
- Board of Directors – St. Paul’s United Church
- Board of Directors – Friends of the Fredericton Public Library
- Member – Bylaw Committee, New Brunswick Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
Lectures & Presentations
- Presenter – “Presumed Consent: An Option for Canadian Organ Donation” – Canadian Law Students Conference (March 2012)
Law Society Memberships
- York-Sunbury Law Society
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association