Jeff is a partner in the Halifax office practising on the litigation team. He earned his law degree at the University of New Brunswick and was called to the Nova Scotia Bar in 2009.
Through Jeff’s insurance and litigation practice, he provides advice to major insurers and other commercial and institutional clients, appearing before all levels of court. He routinely deals with all types of property and casualty claims, coverage issues, construction disputes and other matters of strategic interest to the insurance industry.
Jeff also practices in the area of secured and unsecured debt recovery and enforcement and mortgage foreclosure, representing a range of major lending institutions, private lenders, credit unions, and individuals.
Jeff is actively involved in the sports community and is an executive member of the Nova Scotia Water Ski Association.
Sample decisions from the Courts include:
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce v. Conrad, 2019 NSSC 37
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce v. Rideout, 2018 NSSC 9
- Raymond v. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, 2017 NSCA 74
- Wolfridge Farm Ltd. v. Farm Credit Canada, 2016 NSCA 46
- Higgins v. Nova Scotia (Attorney General), 2013 NSCA 106
- Tsavos v. Lewis, 2013 NSSC 43
- Banks v. National Bank Financial Ltd., 2011 NSSC 79
- Nova Scotia (2009)
- University of New Brunswick
- Saint Mary’s University (BA, )
- University of New Brunswick (LLB, 2008)
Law Society Memberships
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Canadian Bar Association