Janna is an associate with the St. John’s office of Cox & Palmer. Originally from Corner Brook, Janna was admitted to the Newfoundland and Labrador Bar in 2016. She completed her education at Memorial University (BMus, Honours, 2008), Carleton University (MA, 2010) and the University of New Brunswick (JD, 2015). Janna currently has a general legal practice, with a growing interest in insurance litigation and employment and labour law.
Outside of work, Janna enjoys practicing yoga, playing piano, and hiking.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (2016)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick (Juris Doctor, 2015)
- Carleton University (Master of Arts, 2010)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (Bachelor of Music, Honours, 2008)
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Board Member, Writers at Woody Point
- Board Member, Elevato
- Past Board Member, Visual Artists Newfoundland & Labrador
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Breaching Duty of Care: Can Individual Employees Be Personally Liable?
- Settlement Agreements: Essential Terms and the Importance of Consensus
- Working Notice not Appropriate for Employees on Medical Leaves of Absence
- Illegal Drugs in the Workplace: The Test to Establish Possession
- Employee’s Failure to Disclose Medical Marijuana Use a Factor in Establishing Just Cause for Dismissal
- What Constitutes a Sufficient Breach of Trust to Justify Dismissal?