Janik is an Associate in our Fredericton, NB office and practices in both English and French. As an experienced family law litigator and negotiator, Janik brings a wide range of services to her clients. She wants her clients to know that she will support them effectively and efficiently, while navigating difficult and emotional situations.
Her goal is to settle as many files as possible, as she is passionate about family law and truly cares about her clients and the outcome which will impact their lives. She will fight for what is right, for her client and their family.
Janik has significant experience working on high-conflict files. She has also appeared before the New Brunswick Court of King’s Bench and New Brunswick Court of Appeal since 2015.
Janik has worked in the private sector her entire career with a focus on family law. She has experience in all family law issues including parenting order, contact orders (e.g., Grandparents), child support, spousal support, division of marital property, business assets and debts, common law separations, and relocations.
Outside of her law practice, Janik keeps busy with her young daughter, stepson, and husband.
- Introduction to interdisciplinary collaborative law – 2017
New Brunswick – 2015
- Université de Moncton
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Psychology – 2011
- Jurisdoctor (JD) – 2014
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Presenter National Family Law Program 2018 – stepparents and grand parents’ rights and obligations
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Member of Law Society of New Brunswick Compensation Fund Committee – 2022
- Volunteer Public Legal Education and Information Service of New Brunswick (PLEIS-NB)
- Secretary of Council, Moncton Lawyer’s Association – 2017-2018
- Family Law Coordinator for Pro Bono Students Canada – 2011-2012
Law Society Memberships
- York-Sunbury Law Society
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association