Jade is a partner in the Fredericton office of Cox & Palmer. He was admitted to the New Brunswick Bar in 1994 after completing his education at the University of New Brunswick.
Jade has spent his legal career representing the interests of insurers in New Brunswick. His practice includes defending claims under automobile, homeowner, disability, commercial general liability and professional liability policies. Jade also has extensive experience acting as coverage counsel for insurers, and he has handled cases for the insurance industry at all levels of courts in New Brunswick.
Jade’s work for insurers has been recognized in the Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory, where Jade has been designated as a leading practitioner in the fields of Commercial Insurance Litigation and Personal Injury. Jade has also been recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada for his practice in the area of Insurance Law. Jade is President of Canadian Defence Lawyers and a member of the Defense Research Institute. Jade is also a member of the National Board of Directors of the Canadian Bar Insurance Association.
- New Brunswick (1994)
- Nova Scotia (1994)
- University of New Brunswick
- Dalhousie University (B.A. 1990)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 1993)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- President of Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Board of Directors – Canadian Bar Insurance Association
- Board of Directors – Canadian Bar Association Wellness Forum
- Member – Defense Research Institute
- Past President – York-Sunbury Law Society
- Past President – Canadian Bar Association, New Brunswick Branch
- Past Council – Law Society of New Brunswick (two terms)
Activities Within Firm
- Leader – Litigation Practice Group – New Brunswick
- Managing Partner – Fredericton Office (Term 2007-2010)
Lectures & Presentations
Jade regularly lectures at the bar course and in continuing legal education seminars in the areas of litigation, advocacy, and insurance law.
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- York-Sunbury Law Society