Marc Richard is a partner in the Fredericton office of Cox & Palmer. Born in Fredericton, Marc obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (B.B.A.) from the University of New Brunswick in 1985 and his Law degree (LL.B.) at the University of New Brunswick in 1988. He was called to the New Brunswick Bar in 1989.
Marc’s practice is concentrated in the areas of Hospital Defense, Insurance and Personal Injury Defense and Civil Litigation and has acted in various roles in counseling and defending Regional Health Authorities, lawyers, dentists, physiotherapists and nurses. He has frequently presented seminars and lectures to insurers, medical risk managers and related hospital and government agencies.
Marc practices law in both official languages. He has been an annual lecturer at New Brunswick Bar Admission Course in the areas of Civil Litigation, Insurance Law, Professional Responsibility and Loss Prevention for more than 20 years.
- Counsel in hospital defense, insurance defense and civil litigation.
- Counsel for Regional Health Authorities, dentists, physiotherapists and nurses.
- Presents and lectures to medical risk managers and related hospital and government agencies.
- New Brunswick (1989)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick (B.B.A. 1985; LL.B. 1988)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
Throughout his legal career Marc has been involved with the Law Society of New Brunswick and is presently a member of the Complaints Committee of the Law Society of New Brunswick and has held appointments as a member of the Compensation Fund Committee as well as being a member of the Law Society Council for the years 2004 through 2008.
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Solicitor – Arthritis Society (1990 to Present)
- Board of Directors Member – Arthritis Society, New Brunswick Division
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- York-Sunbury Law Society