Ian Whitcomb is an associate in the Saint John Office of Cox & Palmer. Prior to graduating from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University, Ian obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in History. He articled with Cox & Palmer and was called to the New Brunswick bar in 2016.
Ian has represented the firm’s clients at the New Brunswick Court of Queen’s Bench and New Brunswick Provincial Court. He works predominantly with the firms insurance clients while also working with the firm’s commercial clients advising them on regulatory matters.
In his spare time, Ian enjoys being outdoors, hiking with his dogs, road cycling, running, and boating on the Saint John River. He is a director of the Saint John SPCA as well as previously volunteering with and fundraising for other animal charities.
- New Brunswick 2016
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts (History) from Dalhousie University 2012
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Supreme Court of Canada Clarifies the Scope of Existing Duties of Care
- Supreme Court of Canada Confirms the Law on Rectification
Lectures & Presentations
- Presenter – Life After Medical School, Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick (April 2017)