Howard A. Spalding, QC, is Counsel and works in the Saint John office of Cox & Palmer. He was admitted to the New Brunswick Bar in 1978 after completing his education at the University of New Brunswick. Howard was appointed the designation of Queen’s Counsel in 1996 and joined Cox & Palmer after a long career with the former firm Barry Spalding.
Howard is a distinguished litigator, with experience in commercial litigation, transportation law, construction, municipal, environmental law, torts, as well as personal injury and insurance law. Howard adds depth, knowledge and experience to our litigation team.
- New Brunswick (1978)
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick (B.A., 1976)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B., 1978)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
Howard is an active member of a number of legal organizations including the Canadian Bar Association, the New Brunswick Law Society and the Saint John Law Society.
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Founding Member – Hampton Rotary Club
- Past President – Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director – Hampton Youth Center
- Past Chair of Board of Directors – Dr. V.A. Snow Centre
- Past Chair – Dr. V.A. Snow Centre Foundation
Lectures & Presentations
Howard has chaired and presented seminars for the Health Law sector, Municipal Law and Litigation section of the New Brunswick Law Society. He has served as an instructor at the Bar Admission Course on litigation and insurance law for the past 15 years.
Howard has participated in and has been a guest instructor at the Intensive Trial Advocacy Programme. It is offered every two years by the Faculté de droit at the Université de Moncton.
Law Society Memberships
- Saint John Law Society
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association