A talented and recognized force in litigation and dispute resolution, Glen is a dedicated and decisive lawyer who is passionate about finding solutions for his clients. His client-focused practice is rooted in a superior level of client service that is keenly attentive, responsive, and cost effective.
Glen’s responsive nature is motivated by a deep respect for his clients and their needs. Whether in negotiation, mediation, or trial, Glen can be counted on to be a strong and trustworthy ally in stressful or uncertain circumstances. He brings a voice of calm and clarity when clients need it most.
Glen is consistently recognized by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading practitioner in Commercial Insurance Litigation, and Personal Injury, and by the publication Best Lawyers in Canada for his practice in Insurance Law and Personal Injury litigation. Glen has also been recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a preeminent litigation practitioner in Canada in the areas of Arbitration, Construction, General Commercial and Insurance.
Glen has proudly practised with Cox & Palmer (and its predecessor firms) since articling under Edward Roberts, QC. He is a graduate of Dalhousie Law School and was called to the bar in Newfoundland and Labrador in 1991. Glen was appointed as Queen’s Counsel in 2018.
In addition to the above achievements, Glen is a devoted family man and an avid runner who has completed several marathons, including the Boston Marathon.
- Litigated matters at all levels of Courts, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Responsible for several Casualty and General Commercial Liability Insurers.
- Extensive practice involving complex injury and fatal accident claims, insurance coverage disputes, product liability, professional liability, construction and institutional liability.
- Newfoundland and Labrador (1991)
- Dalhousie University
- Memorial University (B.A. 1987)
- Dalhousie (LL.B. 1990)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Current Chair, Law Society Discipline Committee
- Member, Judicial Council of Provincial Court of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Former President, Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador (2011)
- Elected Bencher of the Law Society (2002 – 2010)
- Past Chair of Insurance and Litigation Section, CBA, NL Branch
- Organizer and Presenter of several Continuing Legal Education seminars for the Law Society and CBA
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Newfoundland and Labrador Liberal Party, Chair of Appeals Committee
- Member, Constitutional Committee of Hockey NL
- St. John’s Minor Hockey Association, Executive Member (2007 – 2011)
- Canadian Cancer Society, NL Branch, Past Honorary Secretary
Law Society Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Newfoundland & Labrador