Gerald is Counsel in our Saint John office. As a Lawyer and Chartered Accountant he has advised many domestic and international businesses on corporate, commercial and taxation matters. He has advised on many significant transactions including mergers and acquisitions, restructuring of businesses and their affairs. He has also advised clients on significant bankruptcy files and transactions under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangements Act. Gerald was seconded as a Special Advisor to the Federal Department of Energy, Mines and Resources for a period of one year.
Gerald acted for a group of 19 Construction Companies in a major action involving Mechanics’ Liens and an Oppression Acton in a major Bankruptcy matter in NB.
- New Brunswick (1971)
- Alberta (1976)
- University of New Brunswick
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Quebec (C.A. 1975)
- University of New Brunswick (B.A. 1969)
- University of New Brunswick (LL.B. 1971)
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Brunswick
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- FacilicorpNB – Member of Board of Directors, Audit and Finance Committee and Governance Committee
Community & Volunteer Activities
- Board of Directors – Rocmaura Nursing Home Foundation Inc.
- Campaign Cabinet – University of New Brunswick Saint John, Hans W. Klohn Commons
- Chair – United Way Campaign for Greater Saint John (2005)
- Past President – Saint John Board of Trade
Lectures & Presentations
Lectured at various times on numerous topics in his career to the Canadian Tax Foundation, Canadian Bar Association, NB Institute of Chartered Accountants, Law Society of N.B. Continuing Legal Education, Saint John Chapter of the Canadian Life Underwriters, NB Institute of Certified General Accountants, NB Bar Admission Course and other local professional and service groups.
Law Society Memberships
- Law Society of New Brunswick
- Canadian Bar Association